|Home||About||Activities||Members||To Join||Contact Us|
BWS meets the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m., September through June. Meetings are held at the First Christian Church at the corner of Kirkwood and Washington in Bloomington, Indiana. After a short business meeting, members enjoy an educational program or a demonstration by BWS members or professional artists. The demos are often interactive and provide time to paint. (There are no Monday meetings in December, July, or August; however, other activities are scheduled.)
Our Holiday Party will take place on December 16, 2013. Members may pay for the meal at the November meeting, or may click here to pay by Paypal.
BWS is well represented at all times across the area, not just by the quality of our art, but by the activities of our members! We offer classes, shows, and other events. See our Activities page.
In the fall of 2012, we co-sponsored a watercolor conference that was held in French Lick/West Baden, IN, called 'We Paint... The Springs Watercolor Conference.' You can see selected photos from the 2012 conference on this page. In 2013 we continued the tradition.
In collaboration with Ivy Tech Bloomington's Center for Lifelong Learning, we held "We Paint...The Woods", a watercolor retreat at Indiana University's Bradford Woods on September 21 and 22, 2013. We had two talented Indiana artist/teachers, Sandy Ezell and Jeanne McLeish, who each offered a day long workshop on Saturday, September 21 oriented toward painting out-of-doors (plein air). On Sunday, we offered a plein air paint out and contest. All participants seemed to enjoy the lovely fall weather and the creative atmosphere.
Membership is open to everyone!
Our membership levels include:
- Active Member: $25 annual dues for artists.
- Family Member: $40 per family duo.
- Student Member: $10 annual dues.
- Associate Member: $10 annual dues for non-residents.
- Patron Member: A patron member makes a monetary contribution to BWS to further the objectives of the organization.
- Lifetime Member: A lifetime member makes a $250 contribution to BWS and becomes an active member.
- Signature Member: These members are admitted to “signature” status after completing the application process and then a BWS selected jury approval.
BWS email is delivered to active members automatically but if you would like to receive email about BWS activities without becoming a member of the society, you may send a note providing your email address to email@example.com asking to join the ALL group.
To contact BWS:
Carol Rhodes, President
Jeanne Dutton, First Vice President