|Home||About||Activities||Members||To Join||Contact Us|
BWS meets the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m., September through June. Meetings are held at the First Christian Church at the corner of Kirkwood and Washington in Bloomington, Indiana. After a short business meeting, members enjoy an educational program or a demonstration by BWS members or professional artists. The demos are often interactive and provide time to paint. (There are no Monday meetings in December, July, or August; however, other activities are scheduled.)
BWS is well represented at all times across the area, not just by the quality of our art, but by the activities of our members! We offer classes, shows, and other events. See our Activities page.
Last fall we co-sponsored a watercolor conference that was held in French Lick/West Baden, IN, called 'We Paint... The Springs Watercolor Conference.' Plans are in the works for something in the Fall of 2013 to be held at Indiana University's outdoor center at Bradford Woods....check back here for details. You can see selected photos from last year's conference on this page.
Membership is open to everyone!
Our membership levels include:
- Active Member: $25 annual dues for artists.
- Family Member: $40 per family duo.
- Student Member: $10 annual dues.
- Associate Member: $10 annual dues for non-residents.
- Patron Member: A patron member makes a monetary contribution to BWS to further the objectives of the organization.
- Lifetime Member: A lifetime member makes a $250 contribution to BWS and becomes an active member.
- Signature Member: These members are admitted to “signature” status after completing the application process and then a BWS selected jury approval.
BWS email is delivered to active members automatically but if you would like to receive email about BWS activities without becoming a member of the society, you may send a note providing your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org asking to join the ALL group.
To contact BWS:
Carol Rhodes, President
Jeanne Dutton, First Vice President